There are things one cannot buy.
Among these are emotions, smiles and the days we spent with Elena, Margherita, Pia and all the guests of the retirement home of the External Giudicarie. This year, these elderly women gave us another amazing gift: they put all their energies to make the CUET 2019 even more magical and welcome the athletes with something truly UNIQUE. In fact, one of the main news of this year regards the race gadgets that will be handcrafted completely on our territory and by the people who inhabit it. Besides some delicious local food and wine produced by DEGES, the race gadgets will include a woollen garment knitted by the expert hands of the grandmothers of our valley and by other vulnerable people. Involving these people means giving the opportunity also to those who cannot participate physically, to contribute to the success of the race. In a world where avarice and indifference are rampant, we are convinced that these initiatives are important to stimulate moments of sharing and collaboration among all. Through stories, images and handicraft, we want to rediscover and share our traditions handed down from generation to generation.
In short, the CUET 2019 goody bag will contain:
- A band made by the expert hands of the grandmothers of our valley.
- The products offered by Deges (the brand that identifies the cultivated or processed products - or both - in the Giudicarie Es myself) such as the Pritco Farina and Juice, the Cà del Mel Honey and the Az Sauce. Agricola S. Antonio.
- A pack of Le Montagnine Potatoes.
- A beer from the Val Rendena Brewery.
- A bottle of Acqua Maniva.
Here is a short video that helps you to discover what lies behind their realization ;)